Good Morning 5 Dunnett,
Hope you all are doing well, I certianly miss you all!!
Each day I will be posting on my teacher page on what I want you guys to do within your packet. I am also going to post some other activities on here as well that isn't in your packet. Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's I am going to be posting new math lessons and read alouds. Nothing should be new to them as we have done work with these concepts already. All I am asking is for everyone to try their best! I know we are in uncertain times, but I know we will come out on top in the end.
- In your packet I would like you guys to do the reading comprehensions "Going to School in China" and "The Spelling Bee". Like we would do in class, I would like you guys to go back through the story and underline or highlight where you find your answers. It will also help if you try reading the stories out loud.
- Please keep up with doing your 15 minutes of reading everyday as well, and please log it in your reading log. There was a reading log sheet that was sent in your packet.
- I know that most of you guys loved doing Dreamscape. If you can't remember your usernames or passwords, please send me an email and I will get those to you.
- With writing, I would like you to go to your Winter Writing Prompts and to pick at least two more topics to write about in your notebook that was sent home. If you find that you are having a hard time with the topics, please pick one of your own. Remember, we are grade 5, so we should be able to write a good 5 pargraph essay.
- Students can also do their "In Winter.." the 5 senses sheet, as well go to the creativing writing that had a picture of a boy with glasses dreaming about skiing and winning a medal. I want you to write a story about what you think is happening.
- Students can go to their Math and pick any 3 sheets that they would like to do.
- I would also encourage for students to keep up with studying their Multplication facts as well and to get an adult in your house to quiz you on your facts.
- Dreambox - Students are not new to this. If you need their usernames or passwords please email me.
- Multplication.com - This is a good website where students can play games with practicing their Math facts.
- Hit the Button - Students can also use this for a review for their facts as well.
It is important for your child to read each day and have them go outside for physical activity. Check out Mr.Flynn's Teacher Page for some fun and creative ideas to stay physically active!
If you have any questions at all regarding anything, please don't hesiate to email me. I will do my best to help you out. All I am asking is that you try. All work that is done in the packet will have to be returned to me when we are back in person!!
I know that some of you have been asking about "Teams" and I will give you a heads up a day in advance when I am going to use it. I am still not comfortable yet using it, so I've been playing around with it. My goal is to be able to do a check-in with the students on Friday at some point.
I am also going to try to post a video today of me doing a read aloud. Keep checking back on my page for that!!
Have a great day and stay safe!!